Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DIY: Escort Cards

This one, I'm beyond excited about.

I think I've mentioned before that I'm a book nerd. My love of books is going to be reflected in our centerpieces (more on those tomorrow). But since FH is a plane fanatic and private pilot I'm also trying to work in the plane angle as much as possible. Books and planes are a valid wedding theme, right???

So imagine my excitement when I found these at online superstore Candy Warehouse:



I like the idea of keeping all giveaways (favors, etc) edible and thus, practical. Because really, who doesn't like candy? I'm thinking I'll use these as escort cards, a la the beautiful display from this wedding featured on the First Comes Love wedding blog :


I've gotten less than enthusiastic feedback on my idea, but I think I can make it work. I want our wedding to be FUN and I have confidence that I can transform brightly colored airplane lollipops from potentially tacky to very classy.

No comments: