Friday, March 13, 2009

Stressful Wedding Things: Flowers

I have a shocking announcement. I just can't bring myself to care about flowers.

Then why am I beyond stressed about them? I already know I'm having non-floral table centerpieces (more on that later) and I guess I thought that meant I wouldn't have to worry about flowers at all.

Yes, I want a bouquet, but people spend thousands of dollars on flowers and I just can't bring myself to do it. I thought DIY would be the way to go, but I've been advised that taking on a project like doing your own flowers can add major stress to the wedding day.

Did I mention I don't really have wedding colors picked out, which makes deciding on flowers even more stressful that usual?

Here's what I think we'll need:
- bridal bouquet (I love this and am intrigued by amanda1986's wares on etsy)
- 3 small bouquet's for bridesmaids
- 2 boutonniere's for FH and the Best Man (I love the idea of using succulents for these and oh, how I wish I were this crafty)
- 3 corsages (or something): for my Mom, my Grandma and FH's oldest sister. This probably isn't super necessary, but I've read it's a nice thing to do
- petals for flower girls
- something for food tables: again, I don't know if it's necessary, but it would probably make everything look a bit nicer
- something for ceremony site: potted plants in a semi-circle? an arch with flowers?

That kind of made me feel better, just coming up with a list. And I just found out that Costco does wedding flowers, which is strange and tempting, all at the same time.

No comments: