Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The ring!

Keeping with the theme of getting ahead of myself, I just realized I hadn't posted about my ring yet.

Here she is, with a crab... (messing around with my digital macro setting)




I know its probably shallow and materialistic of me, but I adore my ring. The FH (Future Hubs, as I will refer to him from now on) looked at rings together about three months before we got engaged. He took me to the Jewelry District in downtown LA.

I was a little skeptical at first - downtown LA is a little rough around the edges and finding a ring amidst all of the stores seemed like an unlikely prospect. We tried the California Jewelry Mart on Hill Street first. Eli's was the first and only store we went into. The minute we walked in, all of my nervousness about such a big purchase went away. Family owned and operated, they have been in the same building for thirty five years. They spent almost two hours with us, explaining the four C's, showing me different types of settings and stone cuts, and just generally being awesome. I found my ring that day and knew it was the one for me. In fact, the second thing I said (after YES!) to FH when he proposed was, "it is the ring from Eli's?"

No comments: