Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Outside the Box: Table Names

There are all kinds of great ideas for table names out there. Some stick with the wedding theme itself and use a numbering system. You can also name your tables, which can end up being really meaningful and special. At one of my favorite weddings I've ever been to, the couple named each table after a place that had special meaning to them and/or played a role in their relationship. We were seated at the Coliseum table which made FH very happy.

For our tables, I'm thinking airport codes. Yes, that's right, airport codes. Every airport in the world has a three letter code (click here to read a very long, um, in-depth pilot's explanation) and since FH got his private pilot license a year and a half ago, I think we've been to about half of them. I kid, I kid.

However, we do fly a lot together, and I'd like to incorporate that into the wedding. I've already got it covered with the escort cards (more on those tomorrow) but I wanted to go (fly?) the extra mile and name the tables after airports we've flown to together, too.

What do you think - fun or too much?

1 comment:

Emily Minton said...

Uhh, I love that idea megs!!