Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stressful Wedding Things: Music, or rather, Dancing

FH doesn't like to dance. This is well documented. At one wedding we went to, he danced with me once and then spent the rest of the night talking to some other guest about, you guessed it, planes.

I don't like the idea of having a DJ or even a band. Our venue is small(ish) and in a neighborhood, so we can't exactly get our groove on until 2 in the morning. Besides, this isn't really a dancing crowd, with a few exceptions.

My initial thought was that we could have a "first dance" and then just let people do what they want. We'll have music playing via Ipod and if they want to dance, great; if not, no big deal. But now that we are way over on RSVPs I don't think we'll be able to carve out a dedicated space for dancing.

I keep on hoping it won't be an issue, but I can't get Tina Fey (as Liz Lemon) out of my head ... "no dancing at a wedding? That's a dealbreaker!"

No comments: