Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stressful Wedding Things: The Photographer

From the very beginning, I knew photography would be something that was super important for me, despite our budget. When I mentioned to FH that it was a top priority, he said - and I quote - "we don't need a photographer, we can just have people take pictures for us!"

Men.

Um, NO. I'm not Bridezilla about too many things, but photography was one thing I just couldn't compromise or cut corners on. Those pictures are the one thing that we are going to have for the rest of our lives. The flowers are going to die, the food will be consumed, but the pictures are forever. Plus, I really want a gorgeous wedding picture to hang in our house.

I started searching and sent off emails to a bunch of photographers I liked. I tried staying local to our venue location, but just like everything else in Bakersfield, there didn't seem to be much beyond the typical fare. I got back quotes from LA photographers that were way out of my price range.

I started to despair. And then... the blogosphere saved me once again.

To be continued...

No comments: