I came across the 0 to 1650 swim plan, which is perfect because I hate doing cardio but I love to swim. I bought a rec pass last week so I can swim on campus after work and I just completed my first workout on Monday.
The plan calls for swimming three days a week, and at the end of six weeks, you'll be swimming a mile (1,650 yards). It felt great to be back in the water, albeit a bit awkward. Lots of hitting the lane lines while doing backstroke. But swimming is one of those things that once you start doing regularly, you'll see a lot of results right away.
I'm going to combine the swimming with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout.

Yes, I would like abs like that, please. And arms, and shoulders, and well, everything.
I'm thinking I'll do the Shred twice a week, on the non-swimming days. That will be five days of workouts a week, which seems reasonable for the first month or so. Once I get closer to the wedding, I'll kick everything up a few notches.
I tried the first Shred workout on Tuesday morning and well, it kicked my butt. It's only a twenty minute circuit (3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work, repeat) but Jillian keeps you going the whole time so it gets pretty tough by the end. I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking to tone up. It's not annoying, like most workout videos, and she keeps it pretty simple and old-school (jumping jacks, squats, etc) which in the end, is always the most effective way to exercise.

1 comment:
I wish that I had access to a pool. I want to look like that too! But I need someone to work out with me so I have someone to push me to keep going. *sighs*
Post a Comment