Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Problem Solved: Cake

My wonderful fabulous cousin (who I am still in awe of, as when I was young, because she can french-braid her own hair - how awesome is that??) bakes wedding cakes as a side business. When I first got engaged, I asked her if she would make our cake for us, if she was able to make the trip out. I just found out that she will be able to come out for the wedding and I couldn't be more excited.

It's also perfect, since one of my goals was to incorporate people we knew and love and the fantastic skills they possess into our wedding day. FH's gregarious older brother is going to be our officiant, his talented niece is going to play our ceremony music, and my insanely creative little brother is designing our wedding invitations.

But back to cake. We still have to talk it over but I'm thinking yumminess is way more important that a big fancy cake. I like the simplicity of this:


No comments: