Monday, April 27, 2009

To DIY or not to DIY?

One of the downsides (really, the only downside) to being an avid wedding blog reader is that there are so many great potential DIY projects out there, it can get a little overwhelming. I mean, how am I supposed to narrow it down? What is realistic and what isn't for someone with my, um, limited crafting skills? I have to confess that I had never even heard of Gocco until a few months ago.

In my head, I want to be this person. Or this person. I see all of these beautiful ideas and I get excited and somehow, I think I can transform myself into the person who hand-fashions 1,000 paper cranes for my wedding day. (Does folding 120+ paper airplanes count?)

Don't get me wrong - I am in total awe of what these women do to make a meaningful wedding day for themselves. I just think it's better to realize my shortcomings now and plan accordingly.

No comments: