
Mmmmm. Doesn't that make your mouth water? Who doesn't enjoy a great cupcake? And one of FH's nicknames for me is Cupcake, so it has a nice thematic touch to it as well.
If we were getting married in LA, we'd be paying $4 a cupcake for major taste but also major attitude. Seriously, people. I used to frequent a cupcake store that shall remained unnamed where the workers would scream at you if you left the door ajar (fresh air dries out cupcakes, apparently.)
Cupcake stores are everywhere you look around here. But Bakersfield, not so much. I did some research and found some good options that my Mom, sister and I promptly proceeded to visit. There's not much we won't undertake for this wedding.
One store didn't have any cupcakes in stock when we visited. "You should have called ahead!" she told us. Um, aren't you a cupcake store? Shouldn't you keep some cupcakes on hand then??
Another store was, well, flat out rude. No thank you. If I wanted cupcakes + rude, I could have just stayed in LA.
Then someone suggested Sweet Surrender. Not only was it the most adorable store ever, they were super helpful and had great cupcakes on top of that. We tested nine (yes, nine!) different flavors last weekend and they were all fantastic. I'll be placing my order with them shortly and I'm thinking of something like this to give it all an elegant little oomph:


No comments:
Post a Comment