Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hot hot hot

I don't know whose bright idea it was to get married in Bakersfield in the middle of summer. Oh wait, that was me. But I'm already prepared that it is going to be HOT. Historically, June is much more mild than July or August, but still.

I got a little OCD (it's what I do best!) and looked up the historical weather for our wedding date on Weather Underground, FH's go-to source for weather information (and he's a pilot, so you know you can count on this site being accurate).

The average max temperature for our day is 93 (I can handle that) with the historical high being 113, in 1920 (ugh).

All that to say, tremendous heat + my fear/general hatred of flowers = parasols for my bridesmaids?

[from here]


[from here]

What do you think? I like it because it's cute, different, and practical, all in one. I ran the idea past my Mom and sister/MOH this weekend and got weird looks. So now I'm paranoid that the only wedding ideas I come up with are totally stupid ones. But if Darcy Miller says its okay for an outdoor wedding, it must be okay, right??

No comments: