See? I love making those L's.
Problem: I am an L no longer. My new almost-last name begins with S. I am bad at making cursive S's. Like, super bad.
Look at that pathetic cursive S in the lower right hand corner. Sad, I tell you. I like to blame my lack of cursive skills on skipping second grade, since that is the time that everyone else I know learned cursive. But I'm probably just lazy.
So I practiced:
I know, am I fifth grade or something? I made FH sign too, to see how he does his S's. I even practiced signing my new signature at stores over the weekend (no one seemed to notice or care that I was signing a different last name that what was on the credit card) and it just doesn't feel natural yet. But if you think about it, I've been writing the same combination of first and last names for roughly 25 years. That's one heck of a habit to break.

1 comment:
i understand completely. i'm going from an O to an M. i currently sign my last name with JUST the O and some squiggles. the thing is, i've tried the M a couple times and it's just not the same. the O is so loopy! this will taking some getting used to. by any luck, at age 50, i'll be used to it.
Post a Comment