Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Umm, do I have to have wedding colors?

Wedding colors. Put those two words together and I'm automatically having visions of matchy matchy matchy and cookie cutter and ugh and NO.

I've noticed that literally, every time people start to ask me about the wedding, one of the first things they ask is "what are your colors?" Like I should have some swatchboard on hand to whip out and show them.

But I just couldn't commit - I love too many things. I had starred so many inspirations boards from Snippet & Ink that my Google Reader was on overload. I had to narrow it down.

I was never the pink girly-girl type, so I don't know why I leaned towards pink bridesmaid dresses. But I love them and there you are. Pink is a good color for almost everyone. It's nice and summery and would look great for a garden wedding. How about pink and orange, my Mom asked. Sure! I just want lots of colors. Happy, summery colors.

Pink dresses and blue shoes? I think it'll work, actually. Or am I crazy? I'm thinking something along the lines of this beautiful board, again courtesy of the always wonderful Snippet & Ink:

2 comments:

Cross Country Wed said...

I felt the same way! I didn't want to be matchy matchy and I definitely didn't want to feel like I HAD to buy coordinating colors just because I had a set palette. I think you chose a great look!

I linked to this at http://crosscountrywed.blogspot.com

writtenbliss said...

I have about 5 million colors, it feels like ... OK, so really, it's blue, pink, green and kraft paper brown ... but all in varying shades! I've been trying to limit myself beyond that, but FI was mad the other day when I told him the ties he liked were the wrong shade of green. I'm about to give up on the whole wedding color thing.